WELCOME TO Beech
Beech is our Year 1 class. Year 1 is an exciting year for children full of fun and learning. The children begin to develop skills that will support them throughout their life such as being independent, how to be a good citizen and friend, as well as having a jam-packed curriculum!
Miss Hillier is Year 1’s class teacher and the children have the pleasure of being supported by Mrs Kingham and Mrs Turiccki their dedicated teaching assistants. We like to have lots of fun in Year 1, but we also understand the importance of being safe and following the rules.
The phonics screening test is a big focus in Year 1. The children will prepare for this throughout the year by playing games, completing writing and reading activities, group activities, homework and computer games, which they thoroughly enjoy.
Please take a look at our half termly Class Letter to see the exciting topics we will be covering in class!
- Beech Class Letter Term 1 2021 2022
- Beech Class Letter Term 2 2021 2022
- Beech Class Letter Term 3 2021 2022
- Beech Class Letter Term 4 2021 2022
- Beech Class Letter Term 5 2021 2022
Please find the Weekly Phonics Handouts for Year 1 here
The autolist folder YEAR_1_PHONICS_HANDOUT_LETTERS does not exist or has been moved.
- 130522 Year 1 Phonics
- 060522 Year 1 Phonics
- 290422 Year 1 Phonics
- 220422 Year 1 Phonics
- 110422 Year 1 Phonics
- 010422 Year 1 Phonics
- 250322 Year 1 Phonics
- 180322 Year 1 Phonics
- 040322 Year 1 Phonics
- 250222 Year 1 Phonics
- 040222 Year 1 Phonics
Please find the Weekly Phonics Handouts for Year 2 here
Please find all home learning documents here
- 060720 Beech Home Learning Letter
- 220620 Beech Class Comprehension
- 220620 Beech Home Learning Letter
- 290620 Beech Home Learning Letter
- 290620 Y1 Sayeeda
- Beech Grid for Home Learning
- Beech Grid for Home Learning 2
- Talk 4 Writing Year 1 April 2020
- Useful websites for Reception KS1