WELCOME TO Beech
Beech is our Year 1 class. Year 1 is an exciting year for children full of fun and learning. The children begin to develop skills that will support them throughout their life such as being independent, how to be a good citizen and friend, as well as having a jam-packed curriculum!
Mrs Roberts and Mrs Thomas are Year 1’s class teachers and the children have the pleasure of being supported by Mrs Newbery, their dedicated teaching assistant. We like to have lots of fun in Year 1, but we also understand the importance of being safe and following the rules.
The phonics screening test is a big focus in Year 1. The children will prepare for this throughout the year by playing games, completing writing and reading activities, group activities, homework and computer games, which they thoroughly enjoy.
Please take a look at our half termly Class Letter to see the exciting topics we will be covering in class!
- Beech Class Letter Term 1 2019 2020
- Beech Class Letter Term 2 2019 2020
- Beech Class Letter Term 3 2019 2020
- Beech Class Letter Term 4 2019 2020
- Beech Class Letter Term 5 2019 2020
- Beech Class Letter Term 6 2019 2020
- Beech Grid for Home Learning
- Beech Grid for Home Learning 2
- Talk 4 Writing Year 1 April 2020
- Useful websites for Reception KS1